Thursday, February 24, 2011

You Paid How Much?

Oh Hai. We have moved to www.pigeonhq.com
Pretty much the same but no .blogspot. Same but BET-TER.


Just when I thought the Sydney Op-Shop bargains were over, an oasis emerges from the heat of the Inner West. The furniture is delivered daily, and though they have a small selection, apparently things turn over VERY quickly. I can see why.

This one was missing a ticket, now usually at Sydney Op-Shops, there's no budging the ladies for a sale. If there's no ticket, there's no sale. Even though they just make up the ticket prices out of thin air, they still cant decide on a price on the spot. This was the final death of the op-shop experience.

Well not today! Not anymore!! THIS op-shop lady plucked a sweet ten dollars out of those fluffy white clouds. There were two and she let me split them, and sold them as each. That hasn't happened since 1999!

Now this 3 drawer retro side table lives next to the bed. Its obviously not in perfect condition. A few scratches. Because its wood veneer, I cant really sand it back. The drawer fronts are pretty minimal. The top, I've stuck on an off-cut of Cole & Son Off wallpaper with double sided tape.

I got the cane basket sitting on top for one dollar and a nice dress which only cost me five bucks.
Admittedly, the bus cost me two dollars because I couldn't walk home but I'm still calling it a thrifty day.

No comments:

Post a Comment