Monday, November 1, 2010

Cole & Son - Cow Parsley

Recently, we visited the Hunter Valley. Coinciding with this, I was watching a couple of auctions on eBay. Searching for Cole & Son Woods (I have a wish list that I often search for hoping to strike it lucky on a bargain) I discovered a seller from Berowra that had many rolls of wallpaper for sale for much less than retail price. I won 2 rolls of Cole & Son Cow Parsley in Charcoal and White. It wasn't enough to cover the wall in the bedroom but I'm still waiting to find woods for the bedroom anyway. This wallpaper is going to go on the half dividing wall between the lounge and kitchen area. I wanted to make this wall a feature wall anyway, considering a dark grey paint colour, so this will follow on with that colour, but much more dramatic.

For all those bargain hunters, I got two brand new rolls and extra off cuts for just $87.00. These rolls retail at around $250 each. We are going to save on costs by putting it up ourselves so some research on wallpapering will be needed.



Cole & Son Woods


We have also been looking at paint samples. There is a paint shop a few doors down from where we live. Most of our walls will be white. We were looking at Dulux White on White, a cool white.
The store down the road had Dulux available though their main product was Wattyl. After reading online forums about Dulux vs Wattyl it was clear that they are pretty much the same quality. The salesman from the store confirmed that Watyll was about 30% cheaper that Dulux too. The other thing that I really liked was the bold colours that were available, AND on the back of every sample it lists the CMYK and RGB equivalent. I've put these on the front of the scans to show you the equivelant, because surprise surprise, the scanner and screen make the colours look a bit skewed.

We purchased a cool white called Manhattan Snow.
CMYK: 3, 2, 4, 0
RGB: 243, 243, 241

Using 100% strength for the walls. Wattyl Low Sheen (the most common finish). We put a tint in the ceiling white too. Manhattan snow at 60% strength. So it will be more like a snow blizzard.


I love the paint sample names too, the idea of Castle Grey on our apartment walls makes me pretty excited, even though its probably not the right grey for us.
I'm also loving these yellowy greens. There is a very small patch of wall behind a door where I think a really bright colour would work well. Hard to explain but stay tuned for that one.








No comments:

Post a Comment