Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Free to Good Home

Oh Hai. We have moved to www.pigeonhq.com
Pretty much the same but no .blogspot. Same but BET-TER.

Pete and I were driving home and on the way discovered a whole world of trash in Engadine. Council Collection was due in the area and it was late afternoon, residents were putting out their trash for collection that night. As the sun was setting, we scooped a couple of awesome treasures amongst the trash.

Here's an offcut I have trimmed of Astro Turf. We are using this as our new door mat (even though we are on the second floor and don't have a porch).
We scavenged a plastic terracotta look pot that I cleaned all the dirty dirt off and refilled it with some clean dirt. Planted some parsley seeds so hopefully we will be able to harvest in a few weeks time. Note the bunny proof fence around the balcony. This was our very first renovation project when we moved in.
The stand is an old IKEA stool that had a broken leg. The wood had split and was repaired but broke again so I guess the old owners tossed it before trying to mend a second time. My workmate found this for me in her neighborhood and bought it in for me because she knew I was looking for something like this to stop Toto from reaching my plants. Petes fixed it and its sturdy as ever.
The makeshift plastic Kartell style fruit bowl is actually a pendant light fitting and even though we've sorted our lights out now, I just loved the amber colour so I have kept it as a (temporary?) fruit bowl.



No comments:

Post a Comment